Sunday, April 24, 2011

I love my wife...but really.....damn

So my wife was born in Chicago and move to Iowa when she was 8. She has spent the last 13 years in Phoenix and is really a baseball fan and not much of a hockey fan at all, although she does love going to the Coyotes and drinking some beers and what not. Somehow she is a bandwagon Chicago fan just because it is cool and easy to do at times, half of Phoenix already is from Chicago and root for the Cubs, Bears, Bulls and Blackhawks. Many of our best friends are from Chicago and I understand why they root for their teams, mostly, a life long affair with the teams through good times and bad! I get that, respect it and actually applaud it! What I can't stand are the others...

So we are watching the game 6 of the Blackhawks vs Vancouver series tonight and she is only half paying attention for the first 3 periods, then overtime hits and she is going crazy for the Blackhawks. I love her for the fact that she will root hard for a team and yell, cuss and scream at the TV or in the stands. Tonight, she ignored the game until overtime.

*****Random Rant or Useless Knowledge coming forth from Smitty********

Is there anything better than the Stanley Cup Playoffs, Hockey has the best post season by far! I am much more of a Football fan and love the NBA, but the SCP are the best playoff in all of sports.


*****end of rant******

So when the Jackoffs, err I mean BlackHawks scored late in the first overtime and forced a game 7 (I love Game 7's) she went ballistic! I mean full on screaming, yelling, singing, dancing, whooting and what not. She was very excited and that is an understatement. Yet me being the asshole I am ask her......

"Honey, can you name one player on the Chicago Blackhawks, you know the team that just forced game seven and we have been watching for the past 3 hours?"

Guess what her answer was.......yep, silence, nothing. At this point she stops to jump up and down from the winning goal and look at the two tvs we have going to see if she can get a name. Nope I turned the station to the Lakers vs Hornets game one one TV and the Cards vs Reds on the other, no chance for her to pick out a name of a player, hehehe.

I love my wife and she knows a hell of a lot of sports...more than 98% of women and probably more than 50% of men, but she is still a jump on the bandwagon fan....an that part annoys me...not so much in her but in everyone. Everyone needs to pick a team and stick with them through thick and thin...ahh another day for another post!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment